Evil ‘killer’ couple accused of meaningless Murders
Lured young women to ‘house of horrors’ with lonely hearts newspaper ads before torturing and killing them
According cops – ” the couple did not kill for sexual pleasure but from a need to ‘exercise power’”
At least two women were killed inside the house, one stored in a freezer, then dismembered
Pictured is the property where the deaths occurred
Once lured to the house their victims were allegedly chained up, beaten, made to sleep in a bathtub and forced into slavery.
Germn police believe they may be on the verge of uncovering a Fred and Rose west-style pair of ‘power killers’ after raiding a house of horror in the western town of Höxter.A woman was kidnapped, tortured, chained up, abused and finally died of her injuries inflicted by a 47-year-old man identified as Wilfried W., and his ex wife, aged 46, identified as Angelika B.
Now police say a second woman was also murdered inside the house and confirm they are looking to link further missing persons to the premises.
Photo: Getty Images
Police say she was tortured and abused in the cellar at this property ‘for weeks’ on end
Photo: Stefano Laura
Photo: Marcel Kusch/DPA
Two policemen and a sniffer dog arrive at the house in Höxter
The first victim was a woman, 33, from Lower Saxony, who had met the accused in the summer of 2013 after he placed a lonely hearts advert in a newspaper.
She then moved to Höxter and married Wilfried W. in the autumn of 2013 with his ex-wife posing as his sister. Police say she was severely abused in a two-month long ordeal which ended with her death.
Afterwards her body was kept in a chest freezer before being dismembered with a chain saw and then burned in the fireplace piece by piece. The ashes were later scattered from a car window.
Victim number two, a 41-year-old woman, identified as Susan F., was lured to the home through a similar lonely hearts advert earlier this year. She died of a brain haemorrhage last month. Police say she was tortured and abused in the cellar “for weeks” on end.
The ‘lonely hearts’ newspapaper ads
Photo: Ralf Meier
They physically assaulted her so badly that they eventually called ambulance after her condition rapidly deteriorated, but she died in hospital.
It is believed she replied to Wilfried’s lonely heart’s advert for a girlfriend and moved into the house in March, believing that the ex-wife was his sister. The physical abuse begun almost immediately as she was imprisoned in the couple’s home and subjected to savage and sustained abuse.
Police chief, Ralf Östermann: ‘”perfidious” killing for nothing’
According to Police chief Östermann ‘She was abused for nothing.’
‘If the knife was not put on the correct side of the plate, that was a trigger for punches, stomping, kicking, abuse.’
After they were arrested they confessed to the first murder. “We have concrete evidence that we are investigating,” a spokesperson for the prosecutors’ office said, adding that officials plan to send sniffer dogs in to search for more victims.
Police said that they took out so many adverts in so many publications across the whole of Germany that there were only two newspapers that they did not owe money to.
The diabolical duo, who both lived off Hartz IV welfare payments, the most meagre in Germany for the long-term jobless, are being held in separate jails.
Photo: Getty Images
Victim number two, a 41-year-old woman, was lured to the home (pictured) through a similar lonely hearts advert earlier this year
The basement where victims were chained and tortured
Media reports said that Angelike B. has been talking to police of the bizarre relationshiop she had with her former husband. The duo pretended to be brother and sister although once married – a relationship she claims was “abusive.”
Another woman has come forward in Berlin to say that she once lived in the house with them, was abused and badly injured, but allowed to leave.
Prosecutor Ralf Meyer said at a press conference on Tuesday in Bielefeld that the statements of the murder pair “got to” the experienced officers of the homicide squad called Bosseborn assigned to the case.
“It was an abyss, what they did up there,” he said referring to the house where they lived and killed the strangers who fell into their grasp.
He called it “perfidious” that the pair had killed the woman last month and texted her mother on her own mobile phone to tell her she was all right.
He said that the whole House will now be searched “centimetre by centimetre to see whether we can find traces of other women”.
Victim number two, a 41-year-old woman, was lured to the home in the quiet village of Bosseborn, through a similar lonely hearts advert earlier this year
He was sentenced to two years in jail in August 1995 for inflicting life-threatening injuries on a woman.