Poaching n egg can be a little tricky. I saw this lovely how-to and thought I’d share it with you.
How To Perfectly Poach an Egg:
- Prepare a small bowl of cold water.
- Crack your egg on the edge of the bowl (only one at a time), so it is easier for you to pour into the water when it is time.
- Fill a medium sized saucepan with water and add 2 tsp white vinegar and 1 tsp sea salt. Bring this to a boil over medium heat.
- Once water is boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low and keep the water at a gentle simmer (there should only be small bubbles rising).
- Using a spoon, start stirring the simmering water until it creates a whirlpool. This can help to keep your eggs together as they cook and give them that perfect poached egg shape.
- Slide the egg into the water as close as possible to the whirlpool.
- If you like a soft poached egg, cook for 2-3 minutes or 3-4 minutes if you like a firm yolk.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the egg from the hot water into a bowl of cold water. This can stop the cooking process so you don’t overcook your egg.
- Remove from the cold water and pat dry on a plate lined with paper towel.
I will try this out and show pictures next week. Wish me luck