‘Release the brakes and I will watch’ : Terrorist accomplices  (5) of Bastille terrorist, Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel, revelation from sick Facebook messages reveal … help and planned the attack ‘for months’

The message was sent months before the horrific attack which left 84 people dead in the southern French city of Nice, Facebook messages from an accomplice told him to “load the truck with 2,000 tones of iron, release the breaks  and I will watch”.

Tunisian Bouhlel was originally thought to have been a recently-radicalised ‘lone wolf’ as he mowed down victims celebrating Bastille Day fireworks eight days ago, is suspected of having over five suspected accomplices  some of who have been arrested for helping the Bastille terrorist  – and police are searching for more, French prosecutors revealed yesterday.
They also said Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel, 31, who slaughtered 84 with his truck battering ram on the beachfront at Nice, had been plotting the atrocity for months.
Those in custody facing preliminary terror charges of weapons possession and complicity to murder are a French-Tunisian, a Tunisian and an Albanian, and a French-Albanian woman.
terror

Examination of the terrorists phone showed he had been planning his sick attack for months

The five alleged accomplices include four men and a woman who  are accused of being ‘involved in the preparation’ of the attack.
Prosecutor Francois Molins said preparation for the the attack could date back to last year after investigators examined his phone.
Molins said that one of the suspects had filmed the scene of the crime the day after the carnage as it crawled with police and journalists.
Also yesterday, French officials admitted the entrance to the boulevard had not been fully closed-off.
Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve’s said only lightly-armed local police were there, and announced an investigation.
Nice police officer Yves Bergerat had claimed the nice force’s guns and bullets weren’t enough to “puncture tyres” on the 20 ton lorry.

Mollins said: “Investigations have not only confirmed the premeditated nature of the attack, but allowed us to establish that (Bouhlel) had support and accomplices in the preparation and execution of his criminal act.”

 

The terrorist’s mobile phone showed he had taken pictures at a Bastille Day fireworks display in Nice last year, as well as on a concert on the Promenade des Anglais on July 17, 2015.

On April 4, another Tunisian, Chokri C, 37, had sent Bouhlel a Facebook message reading: “Load the truck with 2,000 tonnes of iron… release the brakes my friend and I will watch.”

Bouhlel was killed by police after barreling his 20-ton truck down Nice’s famed Promenade des Anglais for some two kilometers.
Bouhlel and a 30-year-old French-Tunisian with no previous convictions had phoned each other 1,218 times in a year, Molins said.

 terr

Four days earlier, the prosecutor said, a text message from the same man found on a phone seized at Bouhlel’s said: “I’m not Charlie; I’m happy. They have brought in the soldiers of Allah.”

The message was dated three days after the January 2015 newsroom massacre at Charlie Hebdo, the satirical publication, and the worldwide movement of solidarity for the victims and France, “I’m Charlie.”

Hours after the attack, the same man filmed the bloody scene on the promenade.

The aftermath of the Nice attack has seen France being torn apart, with finger-pointing and accusations that security was wanting despite the state of emergency that has been in place since the Paris attacks last November.

Earlier today, French officials defended the government’s security measures in Nice on the night of the attack, even as the interior minister acknowledged that national police were not, as he had claimed before, stationed at the entrance to the closed-off boulevard during the attack.

Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve’s clarification comes after a newspaper accused French authorities of lacking transparency in their handling of the massacre.

bast

Cazeneuve said Thursday that only local police, who are more lightly armed, were guarding the entrance to the Promenade des Anglais when Bouhlel drove a 19-metric ton (20-ton) truck onto the sidewalk in Nice before mowing down pedestrians who had gathered to watch a holiday fireworks show.

Cazeneuve then launched an internal police investigation into the handling of the Nice attack.

President Francois Hollande said the conclusions of that investigation will be known next week.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s